The standard way of centrally heating homes for many decades was forced-air heaters that connect to a ventilation network. The heated air travels through ducts hidden behind the walls and ceilings, then exits through vents into the rooms. Furnaces and heat pumps are examples of heaters that use this method of distributing comfort. But not all forced-air heaters require ducts; more homes today have adopted ductless heating systems known as ductless mini split heat pumps.
If you are looking into installing a heating system for a home, you should look into the possibilities of a ductless system. They are well-suited for new home construction, remodeling, and add-on rooms. They also provide a number of other benefits that might be exactly what you are looking for in a new comfort system. Call Express HVAC Service for more information: we offer comprehensive service—installation, replacement, repair, maintenance—for ductless heating in Round Rock, TX.
If you require installation or other services for ductless heating in Round Rock, TX or the surrounding areas, contact the professionals at Express HVAC Service. Call us today to schedule an appointment.
How Ductless Heating Works
Ductless heaters are a type of heat pump, and therefore operate similar to an air conditioning system: refrigerant circulates between indoor and outdoor units, with a compressor in the outdoor unit providing the energy to the refrigerant that sends it through the indoor and outdoor coils. The outdoor coil absorbs heat and the indoor coil releases it.
Where the difference lies for a ductless system is that it contains multiple indoor units rather than a single unit that connects to ducts. The indoor units are small blowers with a refrigerant coil that release heated air directly into the living spaces. This subtracts ducts entirely from the process.
Reasons to Install a Ductless Split System
Why should you consider going with a ductless system rather than a conventional central forced–air heater? Here are some of the benefits to think about:
- Heating and cooling – Like any heat pump, ductless systems can reverse the direction they move refrigerant and provide both heating and cooling as needed.
- Space–saving – For new home construction, a ductless mini split gives you much greater freedom in design because you don’t have to worry about a large set of ducts taking up space. For the same reason, ductless heating is ideal for older homes that never had room for ducts in the first place.
- High energy efficiency – Because ductless mini splits use smaller motors and fans than conventional split systems, they consume less energy. The lack of ducts also means reduced heat loss.
- Improved indoor air quality – If people with allergies and asthma live in your home, a ductless system can ease their symptoms. Since there are no ducts to collect dust and other contaminants, your home will contain fewer airborne pollutants.
- Zone control – Since each blower unit is operated separately from the others, you only need to heat (or cool) the areas that require it.
We Offer Quality Ductless Heating Services in Round Rock, TX
Our heating technicians at Express HVAC Service are experienced with installing ductless mini split heat pumps, as well as handling any necessary repairs and regular annual maintenance. Ask our technicians any questions you might have, and we will help see that your home receives the comfort it deserves. We back our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.